Credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives.
As a member of Garden State FCU, you’re part of a movement. Today, credit unions serve more than 120 million members nationwide, and that number continues to grow. It’s because of our commitment to service that we’ve developed the products and services to meet your wide-ranging needs.
Unlike a bank, we’re here to serve you – not to earn stockholder profits. Earnings go back to our members via lower loan rates, higher deposit rates, and lower fees. Accounts like our cost-free Checking are the perfect example of our unique cooperative structure.
MoneyRates.com reports the average consumer pays about $169 annually for their checking account, and those costs continue to rise. Nonetheless, checking fees do not have to be the accepted way of doing business. As a member of Garden State, you can save you money on every service we offer – including a free Checking Account.
When shopping for a new Checking, compare:
- Minimum balance requirements
- Monthly fees
- Transaction fees
- Debit Card fees
- ATM fees
- Availability of free Online and Mobile Banking access
Not all accounts are created equal. It pays to compare, and there’s no reason to pay for a Checking Account.
Relax and save with this convenient, cost-free account. There’s no fine print or hoops to jump through — and you don’t need a large deposit to open the account. It’s easy to understand and use without fees or restrictions.
- No minimum balance restrictions and no monthly fees.
- Enjoy unlimited transactions.
- Shop anywhere VISA® is accepted — online, in person, or anywhere.
- Get cash from ATMs.
- Direct Deposit & Payroll Deduction — Automatic deposits from your employer will make saving and managing your money turnkey. We offer a variety of savings accounts to help you reach your goals.
- PAM Online Banking and Mobile Money — Manage your Checking Account 24/7 from your computer, laptop, tablet, or phone. Make transfers, check balances, apply for loans, and watch for fraud.
- Free Online Bill Pay — Pay anyone, anytime. Eliminate the need to write checks and buy stamps. This service is not only convenient, you’ll never forget a payment again!
- Remote Deposit Capture — Snap a picture of your check with your smartphone and the deposit is on its way.
- PopMoney — Move money to someone else’s account.
- eStatements — Receive your monthly Checking Account statement securely via your computer or mobile device. There’s no clutter, no paper waste, and the chance for identity theft reduced.
- ATM Access – Get cash from thousands of surcharge-free locations nationwide. Garden State is a member of the VISA, PLUS, NYCE and Exchange ATM Networks and CO-OP Shared Branches®.
Say goodbye to your bank.
When you switch to our account, you’ll save money and take care of business the way you choose!
Forget about the embarrassment of a declined transaction. This peace of mind service eliminates expensive return fees.
At Garden State FCU, feel comfortable knowing your account is protected with affordable Overdraft Protection. If you use our Checking Account, you can access this benefit, and any balances you carry will be at a low APR. We also offer the convenience of automatic transfers from Savings to Checking.
Ready when you need it.
Overdraft Protection pays a transaction if funds aren’t available. It will cover checks, Debit Card transactions, and automatic payments. No matter how or when it occurs, you can rest easy knowing you’re covered.
- Relax – Checking, Debit Card, Bill Pay, Automatic Debits, and ACH transactions are all covered.
- Versatile – You apply for up to $xxxx in overdraft coverage.
- Low-cost – Overdraft Protection is available at affordable APR. Plus, you’ll avoid returned payment fees, which are expensive and embarrassing. If multiple items come in, we’ll pay them in the order received.
- Easy repayment – You can pay off your Overdraft balance right away or set up a payment plan.
- Get started – Apply for Overdraft Protection in-person, online, or by calling us.
Peace of mind is essential. With Overdraft Protection, you can relax, knowing your transactions are covered!
Checking Line-of-Credit (LOC)
Take advantage of a Garden State Checking Line of Credit for borrowing power. With this credit line, you can tap into money for special purchases, when traveling, or an emergency. It offers a low APR so you can continue to save.
It’s easy and convenient!
Simply write a check for any amount up to your credit limit. You can apply online or in person.
Debit Card Tips:
Pen versus PIN
Consider how you complete a transaction. When you sign for the transaction, you can protect your purchases against fraud.
Debit Cards are a handy way to make payments and pay bills. You can choose to pay for virtually anything — from gas and groceries to monthly bills. You can also use your card online and at preferred retailers.
But did you know that at Garden State, you can add another layer of security to your transaction? It’s by choosing “pen” (signing) vs. PIN (entering your personal identification number) to complete the sale.
How it works:
When you enter your PIN, the transaction is cleared (or “settled”), usually by the end of the day, through ACH. Merchants often encourage PIN transactions because they are less expensive for them to process. Fees for merchants for signature-based transactions are based on a percentage of the sale or dollar amount — which can add up for the merchant.
Pen transactions offer added security.
With signing for the transaction (“pen”), it may take a slightly longer to settle in your account. However, you gain added security: you cut down the chance of a thief capturing your personal identification number. And you’re covered by VISA’s Zero Liability Purchase Protection. With this feature, you won’t be held accountable for fraudulent charges made with your card.